The Egham Band
Also previously known as:
Egham Temperance Band - Formed before 1855. Also known as the Egham Hill Band. Rehearsed at the Technical Institute, Egham Hill until moving to a former furniture depository on Band Lane in1904. Renamed the Egham and Englefield Green Public Prize Brass Band in 1906 it amalgamated with Egham Town Band in 1919 to form Egham and District Band
Egham Hill Band - See above
Egham Brass Band - Active in 1855. Conductor Mr Cork in 1865. A successor band was formed in 1886
Egham Brass Band - Founded in 1886, conductor Mr Ackerman. Still active in 1892. A successor band was formed in 1895
Egham Town Band - Formed before 1895. Conductor Mr Eatwell in 1900. Practised at the back of the Catherine Wheel Hotel, Egham High Street. Merged with Egham and Englefield Public Prize Band in 1919 to form Egham and District Band
Egham and Englefield Green Public Prize Brass Band
Egham and District Band - Founded in 1919 – amalgamation of Egham Town Band & Egham and Englefield Public Bands
The Egham Band - Name changed from Egham and District Band
Runnymede Brass - Originally a breakaway group from The Egham Band in the 70's, they achieved some successes with David Baker then David Lancaster at the helm, reaching the top three in the first section London Area Contest in 1995. The band broke up in 1999, and the brief emergence of Thames Brass from the ashes was also, sadly, short lived.
Thames Brass - Formed in 1999 from the ashes of Runnymede Brass, but only lasted a year or two.
More detail coming soon........